GSSync - GS/* phonebook Sync-Adapter for Android
'GSSync' syncs contacts from 'GS/* phonebook'
to your Android device. You can also sync from a generic gs_phonebook.xml
file although the type of each phone number will be set to "MAIN" as no
further information is available in the file.
- Syncs from your GS/* phonebook using the 'info' field as description of each phone number.
- Entries with the same names and different phone numbers will be aggregated to one contact entry with multiple phone numbers.
- Sync from generic gs_phonebook.xml
- German and English language support.
- Licenced under the GNU GPL v2
- Bugfix only release. Contact aggregation did not work with Android 2.3
- Initial release.
If you want to use the improved sync to GS/* phonebook make sure you have at least version 0.8a installed.
Download APK-file to your Android 2.0 (or greater) device and install. Go to Settings->Accounts & sync->Add account.
Select 'GSSync' and enter the following information:
Sync to GS/* phonebook
- The URL where the sync source is accessible. This should be something like http://your.server/gsphonebook/gsget.php/sync.xml.
- Enter your GS/* phonebook username.
- Enter your GS/* phonebook password.
- The URL where the sync source is accessible. This should be something like http://your.server/path/gs_phonebook.xml.
- Enter a string to identify the sync source. This is displayed as the account identifier and has no other meaning.
- Leave blank.
This is it. Syncing should start directly afterwards and is repeated about once per day.
If no entries show up in your contacts make sure that the checkbox for under Contacts->Menu->Display options->Your account->All Contacts is checked.
Ready to install APK file: